Time for a change? Looking for a fresh start in 2021?
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join our client, a specialist Civil Engineering Contractor based in Glasgow. Joining a highly reputable organisation, with a busy orderbook and who complete projects throughout Scotland; as a Buyer you will be responsible for, but will not be limited to:
• Issue pricing documents to relevant suppliers to meet site programme requirements
• Evaluate tender returns taking account of value adding service to give a whole life cost
• Conducting final negotiations with selected suppliers to enable contract award
• Raise Purchase Orders for all Materials and Plant Hire on selected systems in line with company policies and procedures
• Liaise with sites to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
• Work with and advise Project Teams on material specifications and alternatives where appropriate
• Provide regular reports on procurement betterment and supplier performance
• Attend site and office based Project Meetings as required
• Monitor and maintain vendor database to ensure that it contains up to date details of available suppliers
• Manage relationships and Supply Chain agreements with selected suppliers, including renewal; performance; spend; strengths; weaknesses and opportunities
• Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their product offerings
• Focus on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of customer requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency
• Investigate and support the resolution of supplier invoice queries
What you need to apply:
• Experience of procurement and the purchasing of materials within the construction, ideally within civil engineering
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• You must have an ability to problem solve as well as being able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standard of work
• You will also come with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.