We are working on behalf of a prominent engineering firm specialising within the rail sector in Scotland as they seek to recruit a new Design Manager to lead their regional team. Having delivered several high profile projects in recent years, they have a healthy pipeline of work secured for 2021 and beyond.
They are looking to appoint a Design Manager to work within their senior management team. Based full time in Scotland, the Design Manager will lead a multi-disciplined team whilst also offering technical expertise on projects in other parts of the UK as required.
The role would ideally be suited to an experienced Design Manager with expertise in the rail sector but applicants from other sectors may also be considered should their skills/experience be deemed suitably transferrable.
As Design Manager you will have the opportunity to work on a series of high profile, complex projects, taking a lead role in improving the nation's rail infrastructure. As such they are looking for a forward thinking engineering professional with a proven track record of developing innovative, efficient engineering solutions.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Working effectively within the senior leadership team, providing technical leadership and support from tender stage through to delivery
- Providing strategic direction to section heads across discipline groups ensuring design deliverables are met
- Close liaison with delivery teams, providing support on design queries and ensuring timely, cost effective design solutions are provided should technical issues arise during construction
- Commercial control of agreements with external consultancies and other related suppliers
- Identify resource requirements within the team, working closely with company directors in recruiting appropriately skilled staff.
To apply for the role you should be;
- Educated to degree level in a Civil, MEP or other relevant engineering qualification (essential)
- Experienced working in a design engineering role with some management or supervisory experience (essential)
- APMP, Prince 2 (or similar) certified (preferred)
- A Chartered/Incorporated Engineer (preferred)
- Experienced within the rail sector (preferred)
With places secured on long term frameworks, this is an opportunity that can provide you with long term job security in these uncertain times. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please do get it in touch. Jamie Porter will be happy to discuss further on 01786 446651.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.