Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be part of a well-established and reputable company?
We have a great opportunity with a regional build contractor to source a Civils Estimator to join their very busy commercial division. Our client have an extremely busy order book of projects across central Scotland and as such have a need to add to their team. We're looking for hard working, driven and enthusiastic Estimator that can manage:
• Taking responsibility for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
• Reviewing and preparing a report, including tender deliverables, on any potential opportunity.
• Carrying out a site inspection and prepare a report.
• Compiling an appropriate risk register and maintaining this.
• Liaising with the supply chain and reviewing quotations received.
• Preparing Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities.
• Attending both internal and external tender review meetings.
• Working closely with Design Consultants to obtain design information and reviewing value engineering proposals/construction processes.
• Preparing post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
• Attending/setting up any handover meeting to brief the construction team.
What do you need to apply?
• A degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying (or equivalent)
• Previous experience of managing the process of estimating projects, within the construction industry and you will ideally have knowledge of pricing groundworks packages
• A good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.