On behalf of our client, a leading Civil Engineering contractor, Contract Scotland are looking for a General Foreman based in the Inverness area to cover a number of waste and water projects.
Working for clients such as Scottish Water, Local Authorities and private clients, the initial project you would be assigned to is a Scottish Water project south of Inverness, providing increased sewer capacity to provide flood protection for properties.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
• Day to day management of site-based construction works.
• Responsible for effective coordination of resources working on the project.
• Ensure temporary and permanent works are delivered in accordance with the design.
• Careful material and plant management to meet programme and financial targets.
• Assist in planning and programming with site engineering teams.
• Participate in site discipline meetings to aid effective coordination and delivery of the works.
• Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and Permit to Work systems are in place before work commences.
• Assist in the preparation of RAMS, COSHH assessments and safety plans as required.
• Effective liaison and communication with site teams and subcontractors.
• Undertake site inductions with all subcontractors.
• Deliver toolbox talks and 10-minute briefings.
• Ensure subcontractors deliver work to meet safety, quality and programme requirements.
• Supervise subcontractors to ensure quality and right first-time approach.
• Ensure subcontractors are conforming to their own check sheets.
• Record and update site diaries.
Technical & Professional Qualifications Required:
• Relevant CSCS card
• Office 365 expertise
• 1st Aid (desirable)
As General Foreman, you should be confident in delivering safety briefings and toolbox talks, communicating effectively with the site team and subcontractors. You should be able to execute construction work in line with ITP's, quality standards and safety documentation whilst adhering to and promoting a safe working environment
You should have previous experience as a General Foreman working on a variety of civil engineering projects, any previous exposure to waste or water projects would be beneficial.
This position offers an opportunity to work with a leading contractor, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer with this position and flexible working hours and arrangements are open to consideration.
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.