Are you an experienced Resident Engineer based in the West of Scotland? Would you be interested in a 6-9 month freelance contract?
Contract Scotland are currently working with an established client in the marine sector to recruit for a Resident Engineer to undertake a freelance contract on a new infrastructure/building project in Inverclyde commencing at the end of March 2021 and running for 6-9 months.
• To act as NEC Supervisor during the Construction phase the projects
• To ensure a consistently high standard of health & safety and quality control is maintained for each project ( site audits etc.)
• Undertaking regular site inspections of the project to monitor progress, verifying compliance with contractual drawings, warranty standards and the clients works information
• Identifying and raising discrepancies with the contractor / Project Manager
• Preparing written weekly reports with supporting photographs
• Organising snagging and end of defect inspections with the Principal Contractor & client
• Prepare minutes from weekly meetings
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience working in a similar Resident Engineer, Clerk of Works or NEC Supervisor position
• Have experience of both civil engineering and building projects (demolition experience is also beneficial)
• Hold a valid CSCS card and SSSTS/SMSTS
• Have a sound understanding of NEC Contracts
• Be able to commence work by end of March 2021
A competitive rate is available between £350- £400/ day so if this is an opportunity that you would like to be considered for then please apply with your most up to date CV or call us on 01786 446651 quoting J20861
Contract Scotland offers both the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
We can only deal with applications from Candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are current UK residents.
We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity for our employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Individuals are only assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.